Java best practices summary
This document is an extension of the Software engineering best practices summary, dedicated to Java-specific issues.
- Use the LocalDateTime API (LocalDate, LocalTime, LocalDateTime, etc.) instead of other solutions (like JodaTime)
- Wherever it makes sense, use Java 8’s streams – they are usually more readable than classic for-loops
- Every function call after .stream() should start from a new line
- If an anonymous function has more than one line, consider extracting it into a separate method
- Prefer .orElse() instead of .isPresent()